Thursday, June 7, 2007

Clouds

I took the morning off from the flugelbindery today. I started with a detoxifying (hangover clearing) run in the park. Then I became one of those people who you see ambling about mid-morning, a shopping bag or two accumulating about the shoulder like a trophy of the hunt, drinking a skim cappuccino at sidewalk table and basking in the cloudy sky. One of those people about whom you wonder how do they do it? Don't they work? I begin to suspect that most, like me, are on day parole and that just a few are of the creative, leisured class of second wives. But I digress.

I have noted in these pages the cloudy skies of London. Today was one of those days. Sometimes my observations might have seemed like complaints, and indeed sometimes they were. Even though today the thick clouds kept it cool, there was something very intense, saturated about the colours. The grass, the tree trunks, the flowers, all looking slightly damp, existed with such intensity this morning. Would I always enjoy even the cloudy days if all my mornings were like this?

Cheers,

BB

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails