Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fashion fast

There was an interesting article in the New York Times about individuals who went on a "fashion fast" . The challenge was to live with only 6 items of clothing for one month (underwear, shoes, and accessories not counted).

It made me think that in a certain way it's what I've been doing for the last 3 months. Admittedly not just 6 items, more like 18 (ok, perhaps 24), but it was quite liberating to be limited to just the clothes I had brought with me for all occasions and weather. While I did miss many things I have at home, rarely did I feel deprived. Indeed, I must confess it was really my shoes I missed most from my full range of choices at home.

But now dear reader my fashion fast is becoming a fashion fast forward -- I'm heading home!

xo

bb

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm...i need to try that...
and then i also need to purge my closet/wardrobe...
and then i need to travel to practice all that i learned...at least clothes-wise...

and then...;))

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel I already do it, unwittingly of course. Typical situation: closet full of items and one always wears the same ten things because they just feel right at the moment.

Mia's sister

Related Posts with Thumbnails